Canandaigua VA Medical Center
Canandaigua VA Medical Center provides care for Veterans with substance abuse problems including:
- Education Groups
- Support Groups
- Referral for vocational planning
- Referrals to other community programs
- Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) programs
- Aftercare Planning
- Long-term Treatment
Our Substance Abuse Programs offer encouragement and support to help break free from addiction to alcohol and other substances.
Referral for Services
To get treatment for substance abuse:
- To refer yourself for an evaluation, contact the Substance Abuse Program at 585-393-7974. A counselor will ask you for some basic information and set up an appointment.
- Have your VA primary care physician or other health care provider refer you. They will send a consult to the Substance Abuse Program. You will be contacted by telephone or mail to set up your first appointment.
- Bldg 9
Hours of Operation
- 24 hours a day/7 days a week