Canandaigua VA Medical Center
Stress Reduction Program
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Research Study Program
Research study for Women Veterans who have experienced Military Sexual Trauma
Stress can make one feel anxious, worried, and physically unwell. Physical and emotional responses to daily stressors can worsen pre-existing diseases and problems. The goal of the Stress Reduction program for Women Veterans is to help develop effective methods for managing stress and achieving personal balance and stability.
• Research study for Women Veterans who have experienced Military Sexual Trauma.
• The program involves a 2 hour session once a week for eight weeks.
• Each session will include breathing, sitting and walking meditations, provide education about the effects of stress, and have discussions designed to increase awareness and self-acceptance.
• Evaluations include surveys and blood draws.
• Participants will be compensated for this study participation.
• Participants will be randomized to treatment or a wait-list group.
The study will take place at the Canandaigua VA Medical Center and Rochester VA Outpatient Clinic.
Interested participants should call Autumn Gallegos, PhD, Study Investigator (585) 393-8058 or Melanie Chelenza, LMHC Study Coordinator at (585) 393-7549.
The Canandaigua VA Medical Center is located at 400 Fort Hill Avenue Canandaigua, NY 14424.
The Rochester VA Outpatient is located at 465 Westfall Road, Rochester, NY 14620.
Check the Canandaigua VA Medical Center News Room @ http://www.canandaigua.va.gov/news/index.asp for more upcoming events.
Visit the Canandaigua VA Facebook Page @ http://www.facebook.com/VACanandaigua.