Canandaigua VA Medical Center
Healthy Living Program for Veterans
Healthy Living Program for Veterans at
Canandaigua VA Medical Center and
Rochester VA Outpatient Clinic (ROPC) Wellness Clinics
Tobacco use, unhealthy diet, and inactivity are high in Veterans, and these contribute to four major chronic diseases: cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, chronic lung disease, and many cancers.
However, there is hope, help and support available at your VA.
Veterans that participated in the program at other VA facilities found:
67% said that Gateway helped them set a health goal
68% of set goals were about physically active and straiving for a healthy weight
83% were very satisfied with their Gateway session
77% were confident they could reach their Gateway goal
63% of follow-up call completers reported successful linkage with program/resources of choice
Veterans can take part in the Wellness Clinic by attending:
· An Introductory Workshop – Gateway to Healthy Living Goals
· A one-on-one health coaching session
· Any number of Wellness/Chronic Disease Self-Management Sessions
· A Wellness support group
Health care is a very personal experience and you will benefit in the type of atmosphere you feel most comfortable.
Upcoming Workshops beginning September 22 at the Rochester VA Outpatient Clinic:
· Gateway to Healthy Living Workshops: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
· What is the MOVE! Program: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
· Wellness Support Group: 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Upcoming Workshops beginning September 27 at the Canandaigua VA Medical Center:
· Gateway to Healthy Living Workshops: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
· What is the MOVE! Program: 2:00 p.m. to 3 p.m.
· Wellness Support Group: 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
For questions or concerns, call Vic Bridges, LCSW Health Behavior Coordinator at (585) 393-7356.