Canandaigua VA Medical Center
Care at the End-of-Life
On June 14, 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. the Canandaigua VA Medical Center will host a nursing conference dedicated to the "Care of the Veteran at the End-of-Life”. The program will be held in the Building 5 Auditorium.
Speakers will include:
• William C. Gibson, Ph.D.
• Suzanne Gillespie, MD, RD, FACP
• Deborah P. Healy, M.D.
• Kim Santamaria, MS,RN,HTP, CRM
• Claudiu C. Dumitrescu, Psy.D
• Susan Buisch, RN, BS
The agenda will include:
• The Veteran: A Unique Patient
• PTSD at the End of Life
• Case Study: End of Life symptom management for the patient with a history of substance/alcohol abuse.
• Walking the Journey: Are We Willing to Look Beyond the Surface; A Nurse’s Perspective
• Neuropsyche Approach with the End of Life.
Organizations and individuals are invited to prepare and display posters dedicated to Hospice and Palliative Care. Content should be devoted to best practices or services provided by your organization.
Please contact Susan Buisch @ (585) 393-7554 for registration information. The conference is hosted by the Canandaigua VA Medical Center and Nursing Practice.