Veterans Integration To Academic Leadership (VITAL) is a Veteran-centered, results oriented, collaboration between the Canandaigua VA Medical Center and colleges and universities to support students who are Veterans in achieving academic success.
If you are a Veteran enrolled in a college or university and are having trouble adjusting to the school environment, VITAL can assist you by providing you the tools and resources you need in order to achieve your educational goals.
VITAL Services Include:
- Assistance in accessing your VA benefits and enrolling in VA health care.
- Identifying VA health care programs that can help you deal with concentration problems, managing stress and anger, depression, anxiety, difficulty sleeping and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Refer you to the college or university disability services spport center that can provide you with tutoring and/or assistance with test taking.
- Working with the college or university on your behalf to resolve academic actions and or conduct issues.
- Providing you with information on additional community resources.
- Obtaining assistive technology devices such as hearing aids and screen-reader software for eligible Veterans.
For more information call the VITAL Outreach Coordinator at (585) 393-7462.
VA resources for college and university personnel:
- VA staff is available to present information on military culture and Veteran issues.
- VA staff is available for consultation.